Sunday, February 26, 2006

Exeter

Well after nearly three weeks of being stuck at home Tamsin thought it would be nice for me to get out of the house and considering I was slowly going crazy (or should that be crazier?) I had to agree.

She was heading over to Exeter for the weekend to visit her folks and kindly invited me to tag along. So on friday night be braved the traffic (which was not too bad) and drove to Exeter where her father cooked us a great meal.

On saturday woke to find snow on the ground, which was nice. We had a fried breakfast and then went into the city centre and looked around. Exeter was not touched during the war so it still has a lot of its old buildings (something Southampton does not). So it was quite nice to walk around and see all of that. I was also looking for a suitable wedding present for David and Caroline which, after an exhaustive search, I found! So that is all sorted now. We had a lovely lunch at the Boston Tea Party (which was in an old school building) and then headed over to the cathedral to wander around.

On Sunday we had another fried breakfast before heading to Dartmoor for a walk to Hay Tor. It was bloody freezing. In fact the snow which had melted elsewhere, was still on the ground. There were heaps of professional walkers (it seems to be a national pastime in England) but, unlike us, they were suitably cold. So we were only out of the car for about 30 mins before giving up! We headed back to the house for a fantastic roast lunch (yes, I think I put on about 10 kilos while I was there) and then headed back to Southampton.

Oh, and my sling came off today. So I now have two usable hands again - lucky me! Unfortunately (well fortunately for my bank account) it means back to work tomorrow.



The Quay in Exeter


Beside the River


The House that moved


A funky old house


A City Street.


The Cathedral Grounds


The Cathedral


On the way to Hay Tor


At least there is sunlight somewhere


Dartmoor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out the dodgy beard - you look homeless and unloved!!