Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Sunday Afternoon Walk

As I write this entry I am listening to the BBC News coverage of the explosions in London. So before I continue I wish to send out my condolences to all those affected by these events.

I made breakfast for Peter and Jules this morning - French Toast with Bacon, Banana and Maple Syrup, it was delicious. We decided to do some exercise to counter this, but the walk would have to wait until later in the evening as I had to go into work.

The other project team at work was implementing their project today and we had to implement some changes on our side. Everything went fine and by 6:15pm we were beginning our walk (although not before Australia lost again in the cricket to England).

The walk was near Winchester and the plan was to walk to this little village where there was a lovely pub, have dinner and then walk back. Everything was going well until we arrived in the village and the pub was closed! So no food for us unfortunately. We did, however, stop for a drink at another pub before continuing the walk.

By the time we got back to Southampton we were absolutely starving, so it we had takeaway Chinese before I headed home ready for another week at work.



Walk photo 1


Walk photo 2


Walk photo 3


Walk photo 4


Walk photo 5


Walk photo 6


Walk photo 7


The village.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a real pity, because The Chestnut Horse in Easton is the best pub I've been too in England: the tastiest food and they make Pimms in summer just right: with loads of fruit - it's the first place I had a kumquat! Jules and I went here last year with Michelle and Wayne.

The village itself is also splendid. It's quite possibly better than anything I've seen - even in the Cotswolds; but that's probably because of the lack of tourists.

Anonymous said...

Also, clap-clap for the photos on this one: collectively they are probably the best so far.

The sunset photo, is quite imaginative: look at the sun shining on the reeds.