Sunday, December 25, 2005

Interlude

Okay, I realise this may be a boring post, but if you indulge me I would be most appreciative.

One of the things I miss from back home (but never ate) was Twisties. They are basically corn chips (or crisps for you English) with a chicken (why bother) or cheese (the only flavour in my opinion) flavour. You can buy then in the Australia Shop in London, but they are about 3 quid a packet (yes, that is about 7 baby dollars). Anyway, Mum sent me a couple of packets over earlier in the year which I have been enjoying, and I had even saved a packet to bring to Switzerland.

Anyway, the other day we were walking through the Jelmoli store in Zurich when we spied a packet of Fonzies! Apart from the name the packet looked exactly the same as cheese Twisties. So we grabbed a packet to see what they were like. It turns out they are like Twisties but without the flavour, so quite boring. So unfortunately for me Fonzies are not the new Twisties.

For anyone interested, they are from Italy (of all places) and even though the packet says cheese (Al Formaggio) they are nothing like cheese Twisties!

Oh and while I think of it, Mum, I am out of Twisties!



Side by side comparison


Fonzies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I reckon you should shooz-it-up a bit and put an "e" on the end of grand, so it will be "the grande adventures of justin"

Ev the Winner