Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Interviews

Or Happy Birthday Nan!

Today was a busy day. First off I had to get to Gatwick airport for a job interview at midday before returning back to Southampton before catching a bus to Heathrow for a flight to Holland for Easter.

So first off I was off to Gatwick for a job interview with BCP. They wanted a .NET programmer to help out with a project they were working on. The job sounded pretty good.

After changing trains at Clapham Junction (London's busiest station apparently) I got to Gatwick an hour early so I decided to sit back and have a cup of coffee (a cup of chino to be precise). I then had to catch the courtesy bus to take me to the BCP car park which is where their IT centre was located.

To say it was out of the way would be an understatement. It would be quite difficult to get to without a car and once there if you forgot your lunch you would have to starve. Apart from that the job sounded okay.

On the bus on the way back to the airport train station I got a call from another recruitment agent about a job in Southampton. This was working for Community Network Services (CNS) who provide IT services for the Southampton port. Rather then do an interview they wanted me to do a days work (where I guess I would be assessed) and if they were happy with me at the end I would get the job. I said I would be happy to do that and was told the "test day" would be next Wednesday (the 30th of March).

While I was talking on the phone the train arrived so I jumped on. Little did I realise that this train would split at the next station with the first half going to Southampton and the back half going to Eastbourne. Needless to say I was in the wrong half (even though the display on the train said it was going to Soton). I managed to get off in time but could not get on the first half in time. So I headed back to Clapham via Gatwick to catch another train back to Southampton. All in all it only added 20 minutes to the trip.

I got back around 4:30 and signed the required forms for my "test day" and then packed my bags. Because my flight to Holland was leaving early tomorrow I decided to stay the night at the Jurys Inn near the airport.

Tomorrow Holland!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin Geldof, I just wanted to post a quick note on your blog about Gatwick Parking,
Heathrow Parking,
Stansted Parking,
Birmingham Parking and
Manchester Parking.

This site is based on UK airports and provide booking facilities for Airport Parking, Hotels, Lounges, Cheap Flights, Car Rental, Cruises,
Holiday Taxi Transfers and much more so if you need to book any of these travel extras then please go to this site
Click Here

Brought to you by Airport Essentials